The weather you have to admit has been bizarre snow in March , I know its not unheard of but when the skies are blue you do began to wonder somewhat. Spring is such a joyous theme for crafting and for children's learning.
- You can aid a child's learning so much much! but avoid going into closed questing ( How many ? What colour What size ?)
- Take some time to observe and find out what your children are playing and what their roles and intentions are.
- Think if you need to enter the play and for what purposes ( such as offering suggestions, introducing new ideas or vocabulary , noise or behaviour management, extending the play or negotiating entry for another child.
- Try and play on the children's terms by taking on a role that they suggest, and following the children's instructions. With younger children . just participating and imitating the children's actions with the same type of materials will signal that you are in tune and start a playful interaction.
- Offer your own ideas when you are sure that they are consistent with the flow of play.
- Always be aware of the qualities of play, and to the knowledge and skills that children are using and applying.