Ten things I want to do in the good ole USA
I've been to the USA more times then you shake a Mickey Mouse tail at , 4 times to the spiritual home of said mouse a magical mouse that snares you in and won't let you explore out as carton bluebird patrol !. I love Disney very much but now I want to see more of the USA , I've seen New York and Macy's parade , adventures calls to me much like the American dream. And I've always wanted to channel my inner Bill Bryson and myself as the new lyrical intrepid wanderer.
1. To go to a diner and have coffee and of course pie ; if you haven't seen Twin Peaks then you must , pie and coffee are as American as they come. Cliched hell yeah but so what it's like us British and afternoon tea.
2. Visit the spot where Martin Luther King spoke from when he gave his "I have a dream " speech nothing is more important than fragile human freedoms. And in August I'm off to Washington DC so this is a certainty !!
3. New England in fall ( our autumn) I am most fortunate to have seen the sweeping colour tapestry of autumnal colour up near Niagara Falls.
4. The Bridges of Madison County having seen the film which I loved and the fact it is about a photographer and the picture perfect bridges. This situation makes me love it all the more and the bridges are frames to undulating vistas.
5. Jazz in up in New Orleans , sample the exquisite cuisine , of course go on a paddle steamer. I could do my Boy George Kama chameleon . I'd love to glide with ubiquitous charm into the 200 year old French quarter.
6. Head to the windy city of Chicago , I've seen the gangster film the untouchables I reckon I go sneak into a speak easy or 2, I would do my best Al Capone accent.
7. San Fransisco shock horror I've never seen Bullit but I have seen Mrs Doubtfire and Princess Diaries ooooh ooooh and the Star Trek movies. The magnificent Golden Gate Bridge ! is an engineering wonder that I need
8. Mount Rushmore
9 Boston It goes without saying I ow;ld have to have my own Boston tea party, sample the Boston Freedom trail, Boston harbour , just to be immersed in the sights, smells and sounds.
10. LA Bonkers but to see the Hollywood twinkle and see the glittzy faux paux of some would be quite an amusing people watching experience.