Perfect recipes for the ultimate romantic night in this Valentine's day and also as Spring I promise you is round the corner. There are a few recipes rom Debbie and Andrew's sausages that you could try. I decided to give the "Give A Fig Salad Recipe " a whirl. It was very quick and easy to do and ready in no time at all.
|Give A Fig Salad|
Give A Fig Sausage Salad
1 pack of debbie&andrew’s Perfect Pork Sausages
8 figs, quartered
2 red onions, peeled and quartered
200g bag mixed leaf salad
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Place onions in a roasting dish and lather in salt, pepper and olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes until soft and golden.
2. Chop the debbie&andrew’s Perfect Cumberland Sausages into thick slices on the diagonal and in a non stick large fry pan, fry off over a medium/high heat until lovely and golden. Set aside.
3. Assemble your salad by layering salad leaves, red onion, sausages and figs. Season with salt and pepper. Finish with a generous drizzle of olive oil, balsamic glaze and crumbled feta.
And the sweetness of the figs balance beautifully the saltiness of the feta .
Perfectly Paired Pies
2 packs debbie&andrew’s Perfect Pork Sausages, chopped into chunks
1tbs olive oil
2 leeks, washed and sliced
2 green apples (Granny Smith or Bramley), cored and diced
250ml apple cider
2tbs plain flour (for a Gluten Free alternative, try )
250ml chicken stock
100ml double cream
2tbs wholegrain mustard
1 egg - beaten
2 sheets of puff pastry (or Gluten Free alternative)
2tbs pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. In a large heavy based saucepan over a medium high heat, fry off the leeks, sausages and apples in the olive oil and butter for about 10 minutes until golden brown. Stir in the flour and cook out for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add the cider and reduce down to half. Add the stock, mustard and double cream and reduce until lovely and thick. Cool.
4. Divide your filling between 6 small pie dishes,
5. On a floured bench top, cut out 6 pieces of pastry just larger than the small pie dishes/cups. Lay over the top of the pie dishes, using a fork tightly press the edges.
6. Brush the pastry with the beaten egg and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until lovely and golden. Serve hot!
Their sausages are available in Asda, Morrisons, Ocado, Sainsbury’s and Tesco. Prices range in store . I found mine in Sainsburys and they were priced £2.00 so £1.50 with the voucher
This post is in collaboration with Debbie and Andrew's Sausages ~ The recipes are theirs. The bottom photo of the pie is there but the pictures of the Give A Fig Salad are mine.