I've been left to my own devices ( which is bliss ) I have had a very challenging time lately so I need these little spaces of 'me time ' though it should hip of me to say 'Hygge' time the Danish way of taking care of yourself .
And now I'm doing this I'm beginning to find myself again , I know you're thinking how can you lose yourself , I mean I didn't just turn up at the local lost and found office to find myself waiting for me .
- 128g Buttery spread
- 5g Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 Eggs
- 90g Cocoa
- 128g All purpose flour
- Half a teaspoon of baking powder
- Half a pack of 300g After Eights Mints
- Powdered Icing sugar for dusting
- Heat oven to 180c (350F) and grease a13x9x2- inch baking tray.
- Add melted butter, sugar and vanilla extract to a big bowl and mix with a spoon.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix between each addition.
- Add cocoa and mix until well blended.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix with an electric mixer until blended well.
- Pour 3/4 of the batter over the baking tray, place After Eights chocolates evenly over the first layer and cover them with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the toothpick comes out slightly sticky.
- Completely cool, cut into 20 slices ans sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Disclosure the lovely folk from After Eight send me the ingredients to cook with . Cat update the cat is still sulking at me for some unknown reason.