As you get older obviously to look after yourself from what you eat to what you sleep on , I know for certain that I always have a problem with my pillows no matter what I do or which ones I buy they die . I've tried buying both expensive pillows or one cheaper pillow to go underneath and an expensive one to go on top . Now I'm not saying there is some sort of pillow conspiracy going on but I don't think it's a far fetched idea as you might think.
I've tried those memory foam pillows and I'm sorry I find them just a slightly softer upgrade from a house brick , sigh forever am I going to be on a quest for the perfect pillows . Even when we stop in hotels I request extra pillows as I need 2 and everyone has to have 2 so we all match.
When it comes down to it I suppose I'm quite fussy about my sleeping from bedding to pillows I can strip a bed in one go no problem but when it comes to remaking the bed ~ oh my goodness what a chore !!
There are many tips to help you sleep at night and finding the right pillows is just one of them ...
1. Try and go to bed at the same time every night , don't be wandering around found stuff particularly when your husband or partner has gone to bed on time < I'm guilty as charged , ooops!
2. Get as much natural sunlight as possible , I'm all for booking a holiday in the Caribbean but Mr T says " No "
3. Move vigorously during the day ~ don't sit fir more than an hour , I've been guilty of this of late but I've dusted off my walking shoes and I'm going to get exploring.
4. Limit caffeine ,nicotine ,alcohol and big meals at night ~ well I don't smoke and I've got healthy with my meals of late.
5. Relax before bedtime with activities that are relaxing to you.
And to create a calm and restful sleep environment which I'm starting to do , I 've just had my bedroom window replaced ~ done on the day of Storm Doris !!
And as Mr T has a doddery back then maybe when he's greyer than he is now ( I've yet to go grey my what a miracle of science that is !! ) then perhaps we may look at an adjustable bed from the likes of Adjustamatic.
This is a collaboration post .