Sometimes you just want to save your pennies well I know not only as I have been made redundant from my teaching assistant job ( booooo hiss ) but also I have a son off to university soon . So you see every penny counts and I know that as a student the teen will be watching the pennies as well. Student life isn't all partying so I have been told there is some studying sandwiched in there as well !
I had a prepared some lamb meatballs in a tomato sauce and pre sliced some bread rolls.
For the cucumber bacon topping
- Heat a wok until smoking and add the groundnut oil, then add the dried chillies and Sichuan peppercorns. Stir fry for a few seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add bacon lardons and chilli and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, or until the lardons have turned golden-brown at the edges.
- Add the rice wine or sherry, vinegar and sesame oil and stir-fry for a few seconds, then add the cucumber and stir-fry for a few more seconds.
- Season with sea salt, dried chilli flakes and lime juice, stirring well.
- Pile the stir-fry onto a serving plate, drizzle over the chilli oil, and serve immediately