I’m off with Anxiety you see the big A the one people still skirt around like you’re an “Anxiety Traffic Cone .Anxiety / Depression is a bit like roadworks you don’t know where it will be fixed . I’m winning on this but I know that my Anxiety roadworks will need constant maintenance.My Doctor just huuuuhuh and mmmmm at me so I think some way to go with that side of things!
I had a breakdown on the back of various factors 4 years ago and I’ve learnt from it and repaired myself.I think there are many important lesson s I’ve learnt in the art of self care.
1. It’s ok to not be ok and it’s ok to talk about it you’re not an Anxiety Traffic cone.
3. Don’t worry about being misunderstood everyone is ... and I was misunderstood 4 years ago leading to some right nasty stuff on the net. Friends will be there for you but it takes time to build the right ones.
4. Don’t worry what people think it’s ok to be you ~ don’t worry what
5. Try and find yourself in a book again that’s one way to truly find yourself again
6. I punctuate my day with being rather than doing like just being with my cup of tea and not being a slave to people’s expectations.
7 Not needing flash things I’m perfectly happy with a cup tea family and cake oh and the cat and countryside.
8 Faultless there’s no such thing ! Allow yourself failure and don’t beat yourself up when things go wrong.
9 Plan what you want as planning helps you structure and can help with how you feel, it could be tea and cake with a friend.
Things not to say to someone with Anxiety and depression and I’ve genuinely had this said to me “ if you were taking the tablets you’d be half way to getting better now.
Also people think you want to be left alone when you’ve got anxiety or depression and though sometimes this is true , please do approach people. Keep trying and trying they’ll let you know - just trying is enough for some. Don’t give up on us !
And neither is it a shame what has happened to us “ isn’t it a shame about xyz”
So I’m not an anxiety Traffic Cone !!