The Rules"Here's how to join in... simply write your own blog post answering the Olympic questions below and then tag other bloggers to join in and share their answers. Don't forget to share the love with links to the lovely bloggers you are tagging and back to me if you are feeling generous!"
So thanks to Wendy for tagging me in this !
So here goes...
1) If every day tasks were Olympic events what would you get a gold medal in?
At the moment cleaning up after messy chickens and childrens sick!!
2) As a child (or now even) did you excel at a particular sport and if so which one?
I excelled in cross country running . I was constantly the last one pick for rounders and everyone groaned if I was in their team. I did hold the 100 m record at Middle school for running the 100m in 16 seconds ( eat your heart out Ussain Bolt) . I lost my Pe skirt at Secondary school my mum was too tight to buy me another so I had to do all my Pe in my blue Pe Bukta ( Pe knickers ) And as I couldn't swim I never did make the school rowing team.
3) Michael Phelps (swimmer) or Michael Johnson (runner) - which sport appeals to you more?
Running appeals to me more. I am quite expert at sniffing out a bargain also and running to the tills!
4) How fast can you get out of bed and ready to go out the door if miss the alarm and sleep in?
I get up at 6.30 am with my husband and play the dutiful wife getting him his breakfast and preparing his sandwiches .... This would be the case if I was indeed a Stepford wife.
5) What fantasy sport would you like to see made into an Olympic event?
Iroining .. Exteme ironing
6) Claim to fame time - Have you ever met an Olympian and who was it?
I ran with Paula Radcliffe at Bedford running club I say ran with in a loose term . She ran miles in front of me and never ever spoke to me .. She was even as a teenager too famous to speak to me !
I also met Mark Todd an Olympic rider at Blenheim horse trials it was part of the prize to met him. ( I am slightly allergic to horses though I do like them )
|Me and my family meeting Olympic champion Mark Todd|
7) What event in past Olympics can you remember most vividly?
I remember Daley Thompson with his Decathalon gold medal and there going out to buy Daley Thompson super test and bashing the hell out of my spectrum 48k!
8) Tuning in at home, not for me or tickets clamped ready in sweaty palms?
Tuning in a home.. I will watch it all no doubt. Last time I was in America for the Olympics and it seemed no country was taking part apart from the Good Old USA. I would have loved tickets for the 100m final. My sons school is going to the Olumpics but to some very obscure events so he declinded on that one.
9) Who do you think most deserves a gold medal (any walk of life not just Olympians)
That's easy I would nominate my family as they keep me grounded .... well most of the time anyway!
Tag away and carry the meme on like an Olympic torch!!
I am off to tag Alison and Cathy