These cupcakes are ideal when you need a chocolate lift and this gorgeous cupcakes certainly hit the spot. You will feel as if you have really indulged yourself yet they are only 4 Propoints values each!
Which is great for me as I am on the Propoints programme and I can share with my family and I don't feel as if I am missing out.
175g (6 oz) fresh cherries
25g ( 1oz) cocoa,sifted
150 g (5 1/2 oz) self-raising flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
100g ( 3 1/2 oz) dark brown sugar
75g (2 3/4 oz) low fat spread
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
150g (5 1/2 oz) virtually fat- free natural yogurt
100g ( 31/2 oz) low fat cheese
15g ( 1/2 oz) icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180c/fan oven to 160c and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Start by stoning the cherries: if you have a olive pitter, this works really well on cherries too. Otherwise, place the cherries on a chopping board and roll over them with a rolling pin to crush them lightly, then squeeze out the stones. Reserve six cherries , halved , to decorate then chop up the rest of the cherries roughly.
3. Reserve 2 teaspoons of the cocoa to make the frosting, then sift the rest of the cocoa, the flour and the bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar, low fat spread egg, vanilla and yogurt and beat together with an electric whisk, until light and fluffy. Stir the chopped cherries into the mixture then divide between the paper cake cases.
4. Bake on the centre shelf of the oven for 15-18 minutes until the cupcakes are well risen and springy in the centre.
5. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
6. For the Frosting, beat the cheese together with icing sugar and the reserved cocoa. Spread on the cooled cupcakes then top each one with a half cherry.
As teen doesn't like cherries I omitted these you can find this recipe here ...
( Thank you for Weigh Watcher letting me reproduce this recipe)
No need to be sacred about your weight this Halloween!
|Weight Watchers Chocolate Cupcake #wwback2best|