We always plan our activities by using the Brit guides or Visit Orlando. And through these you will be able to find gems and quiet places that you never thought existed , really yes there are quiet places in Orlando.
Buy your park tickets before you go you will get a better deal and especially if you stop at a Disney hotel , you'll benefit from the extra magic hours.
You might as well get a taxi if you want you visit Universal studios ( if notstopping near there) but as we tried to do it in one day and we found that quite overwhelming.
It depends what you want out of an a Orlando holiday there's not a time I couldn't not think of going to a a Disney property ! I think next time I would love to perhaps split the time between a Universal hotel and Universal one ( of course with more time at Disney).
As we stay on a Disney property we always make use of the Disney dining just make sure if you do this to factor in a tip , a guide for this is given on your receipt usually.
1. Get your holiday off to a cracking start and book an airport lounge , we did this through Virgin and the V lounge was amazing.
2. Don't just hit the parks straight away pace yourself !! And take a water bottle and make use of the water misters around the parks. Disney have an app which is called the free Disney Magic app – which allows you to plan rides and check show times, but once you’re inside the park it will let you check how long the lines are on different rides.
3. Don't over eat !! Honestly after a day or 2 you will get over whelmed I know that's hard but pace yourself. Eat early is my best tip and then head out and then come back and relax in your hotel . This is especially important if you want to go out to a firework show etc in the evening.
4. When going to the fireworks at a Disney get a good spot !! And you may have towait but I promise you the magic is worth it. You don't have to go to every single firework show I highly recommend the one at Magic Kingdom it's beautiful. Another show worth going to is Fantasmic and again with this I suggest you book one of the restaurants that gives you a priority ticket to Fantasmic this way you are guaranted a seat without the worry.
5. Plan your trips that you intend to take before you go like going to Kennedy Space centre by either going through your travel agent that you booked your holiday through or by looking at Travel Money Supermarket. Always check that who ever you get your excursions with through is obviously ABTA bonded. Going to Kennedy Space is out of this world there is so much to see and you can even have lunch with an astronaut, Our trip to Kennedy Space Centre is one that we will treasure forever.
6. You don't have to hire a car !! it's perfectly possible to get round Florida without having to hire a car. Disney is always be remodelled it's what Disney does !! constantly inventing itself. The first time we went to Florida we stayed at All Star movies which is a budget hotel. Our next stay was Caribbean Beach which is seen a moderate hotel then we crept into the luxury stays those being Animal Lodge and lastly Saratoga Springs which is right next door to Downtown Disney and best of all you can walk to it.
Luxury doesn't have to mean expense !! I wait till there are offers in then book a travel agent can help though more than likely you will get some cracking offers on line.
7. Think about booking special dining be from a special meet the character breakfast, lunch or dinner to a special family meal to something more intimate. If you book a hotel with Disney dining you will be able to book special experiences up to 180 days in advance , and I highly recommend you do this.
8. There is more to Florida than just the parks I loved the time when we went down to Key Largo and my husband swan with Dolphins there. We also visted an alligator park and went on an air boat ride , this was amazing !! We did this through the tour operator and transport and accommodation was provided it wasn't to expensive and made a change from going to the place at Seaworld.
9. Look up !! It's free and the skies are amazingly beautiful .
10. Believe and the magic will happen !!
And where else on earth but in Orlando can you see Flamingoes and a toucan being taken for a walk but in Seaworld.
And when you are then welcome yourself to the adventure of your life !! There's an Indiana Jones in all of us bursting to get out.